Vintage Fashion Lookbook: Autumn Looks Inspired by Halloween

 


To embrace the season and to have a little fun at the same time, I took the time to create a curated collection of looks for the autumn season inspired by Halloween. Using the main colors of black and orange, I assembled a little wardrobe. Of course, I used some other colors as well - hints of white, green, yellow, and red. The looks are a range of smart suits for day wear to a little black dress to some of the most glamourous evening wear I have that captures the Halloween color palate. I hope you enjoy my little collection of looks. 

To start, the pieces I used were a mixture of 1940s and 1950s accessories, same for the clothes. I used a basic black skirt suit as my base but added an additional black suit jacket to it so the skirt was doing double duty here.  With it, a red suit jacket worn with the black suit skirt for a bold pop of color. I also used a mixture of orange trimmed hats, green gloves and scarf. For jewelry, I used two vintage clips worn together and some assorted black, orange, and red pieces. The main inspiration for these looks was the kitschy black and orange Halloween decor of the 1920s and 1930s. 






Now! Onto the looks I was able to create. I hope that you enjoy this little curated collection! 

The first look in the collection features a basic black wool suit with black and orange saucer hat. The hat has a large peony that droops over the brim. A white vestee underneath the suit jacket and popped over the suit collar offers a nice frame for the face and a balance to the white. 





The next look in the collection uses the same suit but now with a change of accessories - orange silk beret and bright green gloves and scarf. The shoes are a brogue with a quilted upper that mimics a spider's web. 




 A more vibrant ensemble this time featuring a basic black skirt and a bright red suit blazer. The hat is a woven straw in black and white. A white vestee and clips on black and yellow. 




Up next is a late 40s dress in black rayon with a Chantilly lace across the bust and along the sleeves. The lace is enhanced with a nude base underneath. 



Back to the classic suit again. Using a basic black skirt but with another blazer that happens to match the skirt material almost exact. For this look, the hat is a large black felt saucer hat and the same green gloves and scarf make an appearance. The clips are in black and yellow. 



A black evening gown dripping with beadwork. This stunning gown shimmers in the moonlight with a cut glass bead work all along the front bodice and skirt peplum. 





The final look in our miniature collection is fit for a pumpkin queen. This 1950s ball gown features yards of orange tulle over top a taffeta base. This backless gown has spaghetti straps at the shoulders and a small corsage of white roses at the lower back. 










Comments

Popular Posts