Birds of a Feather

 


If you haven't figured it out by now, I do love a kooky hat. This is another prime example, and I chose to wear it with my basic Lilli Ann suit in beige. This hat features an assortment of tan and brown feathers and then that wild pop of color in the back. Wow. The base of the hat is an olive green. 


You could easily convince me that people in the 40s and 50s had way more fun with their clothes today than we do now. I mean, this hat is wild and when you look at all the vintage that is out there, there are so many fun prints, embellishments, silhouettes, colors, and more to choose from.  I know some women dressed more conservatively then too, and that not all women had the same access to these amazing pieces, but when I look at the assortment of accessories that they had available, it looks much more fun than what we have today. 












Comments