An Asymmetrical 50s Dress

 


This year I took a deep dive and really decluttered my wardrobe, so far, I have made to decision to part with way more than half of it. I decided I just had more than what I could ever reasonably wear and enjoy. That and I had a lot of dresses that I only had one set of accessories for. To make my life more streamlined and easier, I chose to keep only what I could accessories more than once. In a nutshell, I am keeping my most favorite pieces and pieces that I can accessorize over and over. I am keeping lots of what you could call basics. But basic does not mean boring. I mean, would you call this beige linen asymmetrical dress boring? I think not! 

So, although I am decluttering that does not mean I'm not adding a few key pieces to the wardrobe. I mean, I love to shop. This is a new addition but it so versatile! The hat is also new, and I loved that L-O-N-G feather!! That and it was a beautiful match to the dress. Just heaven. I will say that this whole decluttering thing has really changed the way I shop for vintage. I am way pickier than ever and I only buy what I have accessories for. It makes a big difference, and it makes for getting dressed a lot easier. Less decision fatigue for sure. Less to wear , less to chose from, less stress in getting dressed. 














Comments