A Tutorial for a Simple 40s Hairstyle without Bobby Pins
When it's hot and humid, the best hair style for me is one that is an up do. One that does not require me to set my hair the night before and one that requires the least amount of work. This is my go-to hair style right now and it does not need any bobby pins. All it requires is a hair rat (or a long wadding of synthetic hair or a foam form for hair styles) and some hair combs - two or three.
I am using grip tooth hair combs that are about 2 inches long but what size you use will depend on your own preferences. To get my hair to the desired shape I am also using a hair rat in a long cylindrical shape that can go from one of my ears to the other plus some length for a "U" like shape at the back of my head. This look does not use any bobby pins because the combs are doing all the work holding the style in place and the hair rat is giving all the shape.
That's it! This is my easy look for anything and anywhere. I wear it for work, play, around the house, and for dressing up. I wear this look for anything because it is so easy for me and because if I wanted to, I could dress it up with flowers or else wrap it with a scarf.
Below you can see the general steps again. The form, the hair wrapped around the form and then the final result. I will say that this look, like looks, requires practice and the more you do it, the better and faster you will get. If your hair is too thin and fine, I would recommend a texture spray. When my hair just does not want to behave, I will use one with gusto and it does help. There are a lot of different texture sprays available today and you just have to find one that will work for you. For that I suggest wandering into your nearest beauty shop and start asking lots of questions.




.png)
.png)


Comments
Post a Comment