An Evening in 40s Style

 


This winter I had an opportunity to step out in formal wear at a Battalion Ball for my sweetheart's unit. The gown I chose to wear was a true vintage item that needed some TLC. by TLC I mean hours and hours of restoration fixing the breaks in the lace bodice and over skirt. I am guessing I had about 10 hours into this gown to get it to a wearable state. The end result was well worth it. To repair the lace, I took the advice I got from the dealer who sold it to me and also applied some tricks of my own. The repair advice I got was to repair the lace with small knots and then my trick was to set the knots with a dab of clear nail polish to prevent the knot from potentially fraying. The gown is a light to medium shade of green and the under dress or base of a peach taffeta. Throughout the gown are iridescent sequins and small matte silver beads. Of all the gowns I have had the privilege to own, this one is the most glamourous. 








Comments