1939 Frock for Christmas

 


To celebrate the season, I finally wore a dress that I had made months ago just for the season. I chose a fine, dress weight wool and with it I paired a large floral lace for the scalloped yoke. The pattern I used was a 1939 Eva Dress Pattern which you can find here. What attracted me to this pattern was the scalloped yoke. I liked the shape and I saw it as an opportunity to play with contrasting fabrics, in this case, wool and lace. Down the front of the yoke are small rhinestone buttons with functioning loops. The belt is a vintage rhinestone belt that I had been sitting on for *years* and finally used for this project. I am so happy to finally use an item from my stash! Paired with this look is a felt flower corsage that I made. I wanted to use up some of the scraps of wool felt from my stash and this poinsettia corsage was it. Using a pattern from the late 40s, early 50s I whipped that baby up and used up all my reds and the rest of my favorite greens. To give it some added cheer, I tucked some faux gold foliage into the petals. I would call my little corsage a make and mend for victory project because otherwise these wool felt scraps would have been tossed and now they are a beautiful holiday accessory. 











 

Comments