Preparing for Thanksgiving Day

 


Preparing for Thanksgiving Day is in two parts for me. The first day is making the desserts and anything that can be made ahead and also setting the table and pulling out the serving pieces. It's on this day that I will take note of what last minute items I may need as well and give the silver pieces a last good polishing. I chose a fun patterned shirtwaist dress and paired it with a vintage peachy pink hostess apron. I will take any excuse to wear any one apron from my collection! For my table, I try to use as many vintage items as possible and this time that includes my dishes, serving pieces, and some of the center piece items. The little Gurley candles were a great find. When I finally found some, that I could afford, I bought them all. My center piece also includes flowers, a little splurge that I thought really brightened the table. 










Comments