Kitchen Florals

 


I am really happy how this project turned out. The pattern is a new acquisition to the hoard and one I picked up over the fall from Vivaciouslady Vintage. It's a simple pattern which served the large, bold floral really well. The floral is from Telalinda Fabrics and already a favorite print because I have the red colorway of this print already. The pattern had an option of a large collar and cuff set and naturally I had to incorporate that into my look, the collar and cuffs were made from an old pillowcase that had seen better days. I re purposed them into what you see here. I like to call my collar and cuffs a project for make and mend for victory because they now have a new lease on life. 

To wear in the kitchen, I made the accordion apron from Eva Dress Patterns and I love it. It's a unique pattern and very simple to execute. Although it looks complicated, it really came together fast and easy. I cut my pieces according to the given grain lines to get this very cool chevron pattern, but you can cut out the pieces any way you want of course. I did add the little pocket given in the pattern; it is more decorative than functional but still very cute. 















Comments

  1. Great fabrics for both garments AND they are super cute on you. What a winning pair!

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment